Cellulite is a special type of fat cell that occurs in connective tissue, especially in the abdomen, legs, thighs, and buttocks. It can cause the skin to appear rippled or dimpled. Congenital factors, hormonal dynamics, circulatory problems, and psychological stress can all contribute to cellulite development. This condition is very common, affecting up to 98 percent of women and many men, as well. Many traditional body sculpting treatments, such as liposuction, are ineffective against cellulite, but at Full Spectrum Dermatology, Dr. William P. Baugh and our team provide advanced Cellulaze™ treatment to liquefy and remove cellulite cells. If you’d like to enjoy smoother, firmer tissue, we can provide cellulite treatment with Cellulaze™ at our convenient Fullerton dermatology practice. Read on to learn more about this treatment and find out how it could help refine your figure.
Who Is a Candidate?
Cellulaze™ may be an appropriate treatment for you if you:
- Wish to diminish the appearance and texture of cellulite.
- Are at least 18 years old (most patients are over 40, since cellulite often becomes more pronounced with aging).
- Do not suffer from other types of excess fat deposits. For example, if you have unwanted subcutaneous fat cells, Dr. Baugh may need to provide SmartLipo® first so that Cellulaze™ can become more effective.
- Are not significantly overweight or obese.
- Are in good overall health, without any chronic or immune-compromising conditions that could interfere with your procedure or recovery.
- Have realistic expectations about the outcomes of Cellulaze™. This treatment may not remove all of your cellulite or provide a completely smooth appearance. However, Cynosure reports that 93 percent of patients were “satisfied” or “very satisfied” 12 months after their Cellulaze™ procedure.
At your initial consultation, Dr. Baugh will evaluate your tissue, review your medical records, and discuss your concerns with you to determine if you qualify for Cellulaze™.
The Cellulaze™ Procedure
If you opt for Cellulaze™, Dr. Baugh will begin your treatment by administering local anesthesia to numb your tissue. Next, he will create tiny incisions in your skin around the region of the cellulite. He will then use these openings to insert a small cannula, or tube. Next, he will insert a thin laser fiber through the cannula. Dr. Baugh will then use precise, powerful pulses of light to dissolve and remove fats, contour bumps, release tight bands of fiber, and encourage collagen production. This treatment usually takes between one and two hours to complete, at which point Dr. Baugh will close and clean your incisions.
You should be able to return home the same day as your Cellulaze™ procedure. Your tissue may feel swollen, sore, or bruised for several days, but you should be able to manage any discomfort with painkillers. You may need to wear a special compression garment over the treatment area for several days to help your tissue heal. Most patients are able to return to work within two to three days and can resume strenuous exercise after several weeks. Your skin should continue to smooth out, become firm, and tighten for the next three months to a year. Cellulaze™ typically does not require repeated treatment to deliver beautiful results.
Say “Goodbye” to Cellulite at Full Spectrum Dermatology
Cellulaze™ can remove cellulite to contour and enhance your tissue. If you suffer from cellulite or want to learn what this treatment can do for you, contact our dermatology office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Baugh.