Rejuvenating The Eyes: Crow's Feet Treatment
Crow's feet, the wrinkles that form at the corners of the eyes, may be a natural part of the aging process, but you don't have to let them keep you from looking youthful and refreshed. Injectables offer non-surgical treatment of wrinkles and lines, rejuvenating the appearance and minimizing the signs of aging. To discuss your options for crow's feet treatment, we invite you to contact Dr. William Baugh at his Fullerton, CA practice.
Treating Crow's Feet
The appearance of crow's feet can make us look older then we are or feel. Fortunately, there are a variety of treatments for crow's feet, allowing patients to look and feel their best. With non-surgical treatments, patients can return to their normal activities immediately, making the following treatments popular options for crow's feet and overall facial rejuvenation.
BOTOX® Cosmetic Injections
BOTOX® Cosmetic injections are highly effective at treating crow's feet, creating a rested, youthful appearance in a single treatment. BOTOX® Cosmetic injections work by relaxing the underlying facial muscles, allowing the skin to lie more smoothly around the eyes or other targeted areas. The effects of each BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment will last around four months and can easily be repeated to keep the face looking refreshed and rejuvenated.
Microdermabrasion is another popular option for reducing the appearance of crow's feet. Microdermabrasion treatment helps reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, while also improving skin texture, by gently removing the top layer of skin. This helps encourage collagen production while also polishing the skin for a smoother, suppler appearance.
Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing penetrates the skin to help stimulate collagen production and remove superficial to moderate wrinkles. Laser skin resurfacing can help patients with crow's feet achieve a youthful and refreshed appearance. It can even be combined with other treatments, like BOTOX® Cosmetic, for enhanced results.
Tips to Prevent Crow's Feet
Crow's feet occur naturally as we age. However, factors like sun exposure and squinting can accelerate the formation of wrinkles along the corner of our eyes. You can help slow the progression of crow's feet with these tips:
- Protect your skin with sunscreen: Sun damage can cause wrinkles and lines to develop not just around the eyes, but on exposed portions of the body. Wearing sunscreen when you are outdoors can keep your skin looking youthful and healthy.
- Reduce squinting with sunglasses: Wearing sunglasses in bright conditions can reduce squinting and help block the sun from the delicate skin around your eyes.
- Keep eyeglass prescriptions up to date: Outdated eyeglasses, or not wearing glasses when you have poor vision, can also lead to squinting so be sure to keep your eyeglass or contact lens prescriptions up to date.
- Don't smoke: Smoking impacts the body in many ways, including drying out the skin, leaving smokers more prone to developing wrinkles.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water daily. Staying hydrated is a great way to keep the skin looking nourished and healthy.
Learn More about Your Treatment Options
Dr. Baugh offers a variety of treatment options to reduce the appearance of crow's feet and rejuvenate other areas of the face. To find out which facial rejuvenation treatments are right for you, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Baugh.